Yesterday we went to see The American with George Clooney. From the first shots in the opening scenes when I almost jumped off my chair, I was kept in a state of high alert waiting for George to be shot. It was tense, mean, moody and I liked it. I thought George pulled it off, even though many critics disagree.
Over our post-film coffee/red wine clothing featured rather heavily on the agenda.
- It was noted that during the opening scenes in the Swedish snowscapes that Jack and Ingrid were inappropriately attired. Miss Fruity commented that the crochet hat (her) and no gloves (him) would not have sufficed in those conditions.
- Jack (George) was wearing way too many clothes for most of the film. Miss Golden Blonde suggested that in the opening scenes where Jack’s lover lies naked on the bed, he could at the very least have been topless.
- The cream dress (pictured). As Miss Fruity rightly points out she could hardly be incognito wearing such a dress. I just want to know where to buy it!
Highlights for me
- Oh. My. Goodness. The push up and pull up scenes.
- The intensity between Jack and Clara. I know you will be rolling your eyes now Miss GB
- Father Benedetti’s voice
- The beautiful scenery
SUNDAY BRUNCH CLUB RATING: 7/10
If you’ve seen the film, let me know what you think